Houston Pediatric Urgent Care
Nothing matters more to parents than the well-being of their children. When a child is ailing, the last thing a parent needs is the long wait that may be in store for them in the emergency room, or the possibility of waiting days for an appointment with the child’s PCP. Brazos Urgent Care offers immediate, same-day scheduling, high-quality care, and we serve both the English and Spanish-speaking communities.
Call our Houston pediatric urgent care facility at (832) 430-7796 and we’ll see you today.
Signs a Child Needs to Go to Urgent Care
These are just a few of the indicators that parents should reach and get help from our urgent care team:
- High Fever: If a child’s temperature is higher than normal, they may be suffering from a virus or infection and require immediate medical attention.
- Ear Infection: Symptoms of an ear infection often include severe pain in the affected area. Toddlers may communicate this by tugging in their ear. Fever, difficulty sleeping, and fluid coming out of the ear can be other symptoms.
- Severe Allergic Reaction: If a child is having symptoms that include swelling of the throat, hives or difficulty breathing, it could be caused by a severe allergic reaction that needs to be addressed immediately.
- Vomiting and/or Diarrhea: These symptoms can quickly lead to dehydration and should not be ignored, especially if they last more than a few hours. They may also indicate other illnesses, including a high fever.
- Respiratory Problems: Wheezing, coughing or labored breathing could indicate underlying respiratory issues that need to be checked out right away. Cal Brazos Urgent Care at (832) 430-7796 and we’ll see you today.
- Abdominal Pain: The stomach pain could be due to indigestion, but it also might be something more serious. That something could be anything from appendicitis to obstruction of the intestines. Let our Houston pediatric urgent care team take a look .
- Minor Injuries That Require Immediate Treatment: Any cuts or scrapes that need stitches should not be put off. Certainly, minor fractures need to be addressed right away to allow for proper healing. There are also certain insect bites that require special treatments before they become serious issues later on.
- Unusual Behavior: If a child is displaying strange behaviors such as confusion, disorientation or extreme fatigue that is otherwise unexplainable, then it could indicate an underlying health issue that needs to be addressed immediately by a qualified medical professional.
These are just some of the prime examples. Any reason that has a parent concerned about their child is reason enough to call or drop into our office.
Advantages of Pediatric Urgent Care Services
Taking your child to an urgent care facility that offers specialty pediatric care provides several advantages. Brazos Urgent Care includes access to healthcare professionals with specialized training in treating pediatric conditions, ensuring that your child receives age-appropriate and comprehensive medical attention.
Our facility has specialized equipment and a focus on pediatric-specific issues, fostering a comforting and reassuring experience for both the child and the parents. Additionally, prompt and efficient care can help address urgent medical needs and prevent potential complications, promoting the overall well-being of the child.
Fast & Convenient Houston Pediatric Urgent Care Service
We’re committed to getting your child the care and compassion they need. And we know there’s no time to lose. That’s why we’re committed to same-day scheduling and walk-ins are welcome.